As you may have seen from the minutes of our last Taskforce meeting, our next meeting in December will take a slightly different format from our usual meetings. We will be:
- starting by undertaking a retrospective. The work we’ve been doing over the last year (set out in the Ambition Action Plan), was driven by what came out of our Ambition consultation in 2016 when we heard what you wanted us to do. Now, one year on, we want to:
- look at what we have delivered against the Ambition Action Plan and the impact that is having on the ground
- reflect on Taskforce ways of working to see what has worked well and what we might want to improve
- we will then review the Libraries Deliver: Ambition document to ensure it still remains appropriate for the context in which we are now operating
- and finally, refresh the Ambition Action Plan, deleting completed actions and agreeing our priorities for 2018
To inform our discussions, we’re keen to get your views:
- for the retrospective, what do you think about what we’ve been doing over the last year? What impact is our work having on the ground through local library service delivery? What have we been doing well, and what should we look to change in future?
- for the forward look, do you think there is anything significant in the Libraries Deliver: Ambition document that needs to be changed? And what actions do you think we should be prioritising for 2018 (these might be existing actions where we need to do more work or new actions)?
We’d like to hear from as many of you as possible, whether you’re a councillor, library service manager, front line staff, volunteer, library user or partner organisation. We’ve created a short online survey, and would really appreciate any feedback you can give. The survey runs until 10:00 on Wednesday 22 November 2017.
If you can’t access the survey, please email email@example.com and we’ll send you a word version to fill in.