Debbie Hicks introduces The Reading Agency's Reading Friends scheme, which uses reading to tackle loneliness.
Debbie Hicks is a founding member, and now Creative Director, of The Reading Agency. She has extensive knowledge of public libraries and the literature sector, is a policy and strategy specialist, an experienced researcher, and has experience of high-level project development and delivery. She is a specialist in the field of reading, libraries and health and has been involved in a number of national research projects. Debbie is leading on The Reading Agency’s Reading Friends programme.
Related content and links
About this blog
The DCMS Libraries team supports ministers, as they oversee and promote the improvement of local government's provision of public library services in England. It is also responsible for other library policy such as DCMS sponsorship of the British Library and Public Lending Right Scheme. On this blog, members of the team talk about their work. Find out more
- How WIILMA partners with local libraries to widen community cohesion and reduce loneliness.
- BookTrust Storytime – how libraries are supporting families to discover reading.
- Read, Talk, Share – Stories from the frontline
- Online Media Literacy: why public libraries are the perfect partners
- Read-iscover Summer: Celebrating Reading Week