Helen Chaloner from Literature Works writes about the literature touring programme in libraries in south west England.
Formerly Head of Development at Theatre Royal, Plymouth, Helen is CEO of Literature Works, the regional literature development agency for south west England, and an Arts Council England National Portfolio Organisation. They support creative writing and the development of writers and readers of all ages, from all walks of life in their region.
Related content and links
About this blog
The DCMS Libraries team supports ministers, as they oversee and promote the improvement of local government's provision of public library services in England. It is also responsible for other library policy such as DCMS sponsorship of the British Library and Public Lending Right Scheme. On this blog, members of the team talk about their work. Find out more
- How WIILMA partners with local libraries to widen community cohesion and reduce loneliness.
- BookTrust Storytime – how libraries are supporting families to discover reading.
- Read, Talk, Share – Stories from the frontline
- Online Media Literacy: why public libraries are the perfect partners
- Read-iscover Summer: Celebrating Reading Week