Helen Williams and Kate McGavin introduce the #cultureisdigital project, and invite all library people to get involved.
Helen is a Deputy Director and part of the DCMS Senior Management Team with responsibility for Digital Culture (and including Arts and Libraries from August as part of a job-share with Kate Macgavin). She has previously held policy roles on Museums, Libraries, sponsorship of Arms' Length Bodies, Heritage and Creative Industries. She has also had stints at the Treasury, the Department for Business and Department of Health.
Related content and links
About this blog
The DCMS Libraries team supports ministers, as they oversee and promote the improvement of local government's provision of public library services in England. It is also responsible for other library policy such as DCMS sponsorship of the British Library and Public Lending Right Scheme. On this blog, members of the team talk about their work. Find out more
- Libraries paving the way for youth enterprise
- 5 months of engagement with over 100 contributions - libraries strategy deep dive sessions completed
- Libraries sector in the King's Birthday Honours List 2023
- Celebrating the Coronation with libraries and archives
- Can libraries drive prosperity through individual one to one support?