SELMS consortium manager Hilary Ballard writes about the project’s development, and the benefits it offers today
Hilary Ballard has been a library professional for over 30 years and was appointed the SELMS Consortium Manager in 2016. From the start of her career as a library assistant in cataloguing, to her previous role as manager of ICT in Medway Libraries, she has experienced all areas of public library work.
Related content and links
About this blog
The DCMS Libraries team supports ministers, as they oversee and promote the improvement of local government's provision of public library services in England. It is also responsible for other library policy such as DCMS sponsorship of the British Library and Public Lending Right Scheme. On this blog, members of the team talk about their work. Find out more
- How WIILMA partners with local libraries to widen community cohesion and reduce loneliness.
- BookTrust Storytime – how libraries are supporting families to discover reading.
- Read, Talk, Share – Stories from the frontline
- Online Media Literacy: why public libraries are the perfect partners
- Read-iscover Summer: Celebrating Reading Week