Guest blog post by Jacquie Widdowson, Chair of CILIP’s Public and Mobile Library Group, following their annual conference and award ceremony
Qualified and chartered librarian with over four years’ experience in a busy London public library service and an interest in digital platforms, events programming and marketing, social media and youth services.
Jacqueline Widdowson, chair of CILIP’s Public and Mobile Libraries Group, shares her thoughts after she attended the Ambition workshop in Manchester central library
Guest post from Jacqueline Widdowson, Chair of the Public and Mobile Libraries Group: On 9th October 2015, three outstanding public library staff received recognition for their achievements, at the Public and Mobile Libraries Group conference Awards Dinner.
Related content and links
About this blog
The DCMS Libraries team supports ministers, as they oversee and promote the improvement of local government's provision of public library services in England. It is also responsible for other library policy such as DCMS sponsorship of the British Library and Public Lending Right Scheme. On this blog, members of the team talk about their work. Find out more
- Public libraries and climate change
- Climate change and the power of libraries
- Libraries and climate change: reducing, reusing and recycling in GLL
- How WIILMA partners with local libraries to widen community cohesion and reduce loneliness.
- BookTrust Storytime – how libraries are supporting families to discover reading.