Guest post which illustrates community and wellbeing, plus the benefits of engagement via social media to discover good ideas
Kate is Operations and Community Engagement Manager for Libraries, Arts and Information: My interests lie in Solihull, developing stronger partnership with local communities and agencies to deliver better outcomes in the areas of learning and health and wellbeing. Prior to my role in Libraries I worked for the 3rd sector for over 20 years in a senior management role co-producing a range of services and interventions with residents and local agencies, maximising the impact of resources and delivering sustainable outcomes creating longer term benefits for local people.
Related content and links
About this blog
The DCMS Libraries team supports ministers, as they oversee and promote the improvement of local government's provision of public library services in England. It is also responsible for other library policy such as DCMS sponsorship of the British Library and Public Lending Right Scheme. On this blog, members of the team talk about their work. Find out more
- How WIILMA partners with local libraries to widen community cohesion and reduce loneliness.
- BookTrust Storytime – how libraries are supporting families to discover reading.
- Read, Talk, Share – Stories from the frontline
- Online Media Literacy: why public libraries are the perfect partners
- Read-iscover Summer: Celebrating Reading Week