[Editor’s note: Guest post written by Nick Poole, CEO of CILIP: the library and information association, announcing the results of a poll they commissioned] We commissioned a YouGov poll to explore which professional groups the public believe are most likely …
Nick Poole is the Chief Executive of CILIP, the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals and former CEO of the Collections Trust. He is a Trustee of Wikimedia UK and represents CILIP on the Leadership for Libraries Taskforce. @nickpoole1
Our second guest post today, this one from Nick Poole, CEO of CILIP: Thanks to the skills and dedication of their staff, libraries across the UK deliver effective low-cost services and innovative ideas every day which help their communities address …
Related content and links
About this blog
The DCMS Libraries team supports ministers, as they oversee and promote the improvement of local government's provision of public library services in England. It is also responsible for other library policy such as DCMS sponsorship of the British Library and Public Lending Right Scheme. On this blog, members of the team talk about their work. Find out more
- How WIILMA partners with local libraries to widen community cohesion and reduce loneliness.
- BookTrust Storytime – how libraries are supporting families to discover reading.
- Read, Talk, Share – Stories from the frontline
- Online Media Literacy: why public libraries are the perfect partners
- Read-iscover Summer: Celebrating Reading Week