Introducing a report by Joan O'Bryan, who interrogated CIPFA statistics sheets from 2006-07 to 2016-17 to analyse trends regarding public libraries in England
Joan O’Bryan is a candidate for the Master of Philosophy in Public Policy at the University of Cambridge
Related content and links
About this blog
The DCMS Libraries team supports ministers, as they oversee and promote the improvement of local government's provision of public library services in England. It is also responsible for other library policy such as DCMS sponsorship of the British Library and Public Lending Right Scheme. On this blog, members of the team talk about their work. Find out more
- Public libraries and climate change
- Climate change and the power of libraries
- Libraries and climate change: reducing, reusing and recycling in GLL
- How WIILMA partners with local libraries to widen community cohesion and reduce loneliness.
- BookTrust Storytime – how libraries are supporting families to discover reading.