Michael Ellis MP, Libraries minister, introduces Libraries Week and writes about what they mean to him and his ministerial priorities
Michael Ellis MP
Michael Ellis MP is Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Arts, Heritage and Tourism. The libraries portfolio is part of that ministerial responsibility.
Michael Ellis MP, the new Libraries Minister shares his thoughts about libraries, and mentions libraries he has visited around the country since starting his role.
Related content and links
About this blog
The DCMS Libraries team supports ministers, as they oversee and promote the improvement of local government's provision of public library services in England. It is also responsible for other library policy such as DCMS sponsorship of the British Library and Public Lending Right Scheme. On this blog, members of the team talk about their work. Find out more
- How WIILMA partners with local libraries to widen community cohesion and reduce loneliness.
- BookTrust Storytime – how libraries are supporting families to discover reading.
- Read, Talk, Share – Stories from the frontline
- Online Media Literacy: why public libraries are the perfect partners
- Read-iscover Summer: Celebrating Reading Week