Report produced by Bibliocommons on behalf of SCL examines the potential for public libraries across the country to develop a single digital presence
Nick Stopforth is the Head of Libraries and Culture for Doncaster Council. He has been leading for SCL for 3 years on their Universal Digital Offer.
Libraries continue to provide a very significant contribution to digital inclusivity in communities.
As mentioned in our post on 3rd November, there is a long list of activities on the digital for public library services agenda, and I wont have time to work on them all. I’m therefore really pleased that the Taskforce …
Sharon Kirkpatrick and Sue Wills' blog of 12 October highlighted the importance we place in members of the library workforce influencing the work of the Taskforce. We do this through a number of mechanisms - for example, SCL and CILIP …
Related content and links
About this blog
The DCMS Libraries team supports ministers, as they oversee and promote the improvement of local government's provision of public library services in England. It is also responsible for other library policy such as DCMS sponsorship of the British Library and Public Lending Right Scheme. On this blog, members of the team talk about their work. Find out more
- Libraries paving the way for youth enterprise
- 5 months of engagement with over 100 contributions - libraries strategy deep dive sessions completed
- Libraries sector in the King's Birthday Honours List 2023
- Celebrating the Coronation with libraries and archives
- Can libraries drive prosperity through individual one to one support?