Olly Hellis writes about how the Glass Box have used an HP Sprout (an immersive all-in-one PC, which includes high-precision 3D scanning)
Olly's role as Somerset libraries Digital Development Office is to research, plan and deliver new technologies to Somerset libraries. Having trained in technical theatre and worked at the Bristol Old Vic for many years, he then moved in to the education sector to teach the new Coding curriculum, this has given him the skills he now uses to make Somerset libraries ready for their digital future. From Virtual Reality (VR) to Code Clubs, 3D printing to Raspberry Pi’s his role covers it all, as well as creating business training opportunities and networking events.
Related content and links
About this blog
The DCMS Libraries team supports ministers, as they oversee and promote the improvement of local government's provision of public library services in England. It is also responsible for other library policy such as DCMS sponsorship of the British Library and Public Lending Right Scheme. On this blog, members of the team talk about their work. Find out more
- How WIILMA partners with local libraries to widen community cohesion and reduce loneliness.
- BookTrust Storytime – how libraries are supporting families to discover reading.
- Read, Talk, Share – Stories from the frontline
- Online Media Literacy: why public libraries are the perfect partners
- Read-iscover Summer: Celebrating Reading Week