Final post from Sharon at the end of her 6 months secondment with the Taskforce.
Sharon is a senior manager at Dorset County Council Library Service. Her remit includes contracted services such as the schools and prisons library services, Royal Voluntary Service, stock procurement for libraries and reader development.
Visits to 4 counties and stories from many others.
Sharon outlines the next steps towards production of the second set of guidelines.
We want to make sure that the Libraries Taskforce take every opportunity to include views from people with a wide range of experience. We were, therefore, very pleased when members of staff from the public library sector were prepared to help.
Related content and links
About this blog
The DCMS Libraries team supports ministers, as they oversee and promote the improvement of local government's provision of public library services in England. It is also responsible for other library policy such as DCMS sponsorship of the British Library and Public Lending Right Scheme. On this blog, members of the team talk about their work. Find out more
- Libraries paving the way for youth enterprise
- 5 months of engagement with over 100 contributions - libraries strategy deep dive sessions completed
- Libraries sector in the King's Birthday Honours List 2023
- Celebrating the Coronation with libraries and archives
- Can libraries drive prosperity through individual one to one support?