Chris Moore describes the range of cultural activities taking place in the city, and how the library is supporting the community
Chris has been a library professional for more than 20 years, firstly at EARL (Electronic Access to Resources in Libraries), shortly after moving to Wiltshire County Council to work as a frontline librarian in Wootton Bassett.
As Library Operations and Development Manager for Wiltshire Council, he leads a library service that delivers through Wiltshire’s 30 branch and 3 mobile libraries. A growing number of these are co-located providing Community Hub services with a range of partners.
He is on the board of trustees of SWRLS (South West Regional Library Services) and is a chartered member of CILIP. In 2006/7 he was the MLA funded Fellow on the Clore Leadership Programme.
Related content and links
About this blog
The DCMS Libraries team supports ministers, as they oversee and promote the improvement of local government's provision of public library services in England. It is also responsible for other library policy such as DCMS sponsorship of the British Library and Public Lending Right Scheme. On this blog, members of the team talk about their work. Find out more
- How WIILMA partners with local libraries to widen community cohesion and reduce loneliness.
- BookTrust Storytime – how libraries are supporting families to discover reading.
- Read, Talk, Share – Stories from the frontline
- Online Media Literacy: why public libraries are the perfect partners
- Read-iscover Summer: Celebrating Reading Week